Every now and then, I'll get this pang of guilt when I look through the digital photos I have stored on my computer. I love having them, and I'll never stop taking them, but I rarely ever, ever print them. Once in a while I'll have a reason to, like if I'm sending some to a relative that doesn't have internet, or if I feel like changing up the ones we have hanging in frames around the house. But for the most part, they get uploaded, sorted, named and then remain neatly organized in their little "folders" on my hard drive...waiting.
So finally I made the decision that, little by little, I am going to get those puppies printed. We've been taking digitals since Pyper was born 4 1/2 years ago, so I literally have thousands of photos to look through and decide which ones I want to print. Today my first batch arrived in the mail. It was so exciting! I used winkflash.com to print them because they were running a promotion for 6 cent prints. In the past I usually just log into Walmart.com's photo center, where you can upload and order prints, then pick them up at any Walmart photo center. It's convenient, but the quality of their prints is kind of disappointing. So I thought I'd give someone else a try. After shipping was added the price per print passed Walmart's price, making it more expensive to order from winkflash, but the prints I got are really, really good! You can have them printed as matte (which I prefer) or glossy, and you can add a nice white border or have no border. I got mine with the border because it gives them that old fashioned, darkroom-printed quality which I like.
Anyway, I ordered almost 150 prints which only covered from 10/2003 to 6/2004. Yikes. I've got a long way to go to catch up, but I'm ordering some more tonight and hope to be able to start getting them put into albums soon. The kids so enjoy looking at pictures on the computer, and so do I. I'm excited to have something tangible that we can sit down with, hold, flip through and smile at without having to skip over blurries, near duplicates, back-of-the-head shots and such.
During my searching today I came across this picture. It's one Dad took, so you've probably seen it. But it made me smile (along with all the other ones from that Christmas), so I thought I'd post it here, just for fun.
2 comments:
oh i know what you mean! i love looking through photo albums that you can actually hold. i decided that i'm going to start putting aside some money to develope all the ones i really want... eventually...
I'll have to give that a try. It's certainly a lot easier to do that online in my underbritches instead of trying to do it at a kiosk in the store.
Post a Comment