Friday, June 27, 2008

*headdesk*

We were overrun by Boy Scouts. Rude, obnoxious, careless, greedy, wasteful, boy scouts. I think they racked up to about $400 in property damages that they had to pay. Mostly in the Rec Barn, I believe. Several broken pool cues, the ping-pong table (one of 'em just stood up and walked on it, bending the supports underneath), a paper towel dispenser (it looks like someone just punched a hole in the thing), and a swimming pool net is all I'm aware of right now. Then there was the vanadalism, using (or should I say abusing?) recreation equipment (ATVs, the bows and arrows, climbing wall, paintball guns) without a guide, wasting food that should've fed three times their number (that was the complaint I heard the most, understandably. At least they didn't eat a lot of salad. ^_^) and on top of all that, they were paying only 10-20% of what normal guests would've paid; their leaders were friends of the owner. Leaders which, by the way, were just as bad as the scouts.

I overheard a couple of guests complaining to other employees about how they "came here to be at a resort, not boy scout camp" and the employee just agreed. All of the employees wanted to tell them off (one of the girls, after being deliberately insulted, wanted to kick this kid's butt) but none of us really wanted to be fired. So we went through all this crap for about a week with hardly any monetary return. Freaking annoying. But they're gone today, finally.

So yeah, I just had to rant a bit. Everyone needs to do that about their job everyonce in a while, right?

You know what I thought would be funny? If Popper became these guys' scout leader. Ooooooh, would he whip them into shape! And he wouldn't take them to a friggin' resort to stay in cabins when they're supposed to be camping. *grumblegrumble*