Monday, August 11, 2008

You'll Never Believe This!!

Dad and I are having quite the adventures here in Alabama!! On Sunday, Bryce was driving in an autocross not far from here, so we tagged along. The track was laid out on the parking lot of a local high school football stadium and even though it is August in Alabama, there was a nice breeze and the tempurature was bearable, especially in the shade. Bryce and the other drivers had a chance to drive the course three times during the first heat and two more times during the second heat, in an effort to make their best time. Here is the part you won't believe--Bryce and Dad conviced me to ride along on Bryce's first run AND I didn't even scream or grab his leg. Of course, I don't think I remembered to breathe until we were done, either. Good thing the laps were less than a minute to finish.
Dad here, now. We really had a good time at the race. Mom not only went once, but took a lap with Bryce the second time through in the afternoon. She may not have been quite as calm as all that, though. If you can enlarge the picture below, see if you think the expression on her face is a smile or a grimace.
I got to go for a couple of laps with him as well. We may have been either a distraction or bad luck or too much extra weight, because he ran his best time on the lap he was alone. Mom got a decent video of my last lap with him and we'll show it to you next time you catch me with the laptop. It was really fun to see the variety of cars that came out to run - everything from a Lotus Europa, to old BMW sedans, to go-kart looking F5 cars (very low and fast) to new street cars (Bryce's Subaru and lots of Mazda Miatas) to big Mustangs (yes Jennifer, I took pictures), to some home built kit cars. Since they were separated into classes, it was competitive for everyone. They also had an Emergency Services Challenge where they had cops, ambulance drivers, and firemen all taking turns driving a Ford Taurus to see who could get the best time without killing any cones.
They had some friends come over for dinner Sunday night and grilled some outstanding steaks and had a really good dinner. Much fun. Today (Monday) we just chilled here at the house while Bryce and Dena had to go to work (poor souls). I think I'm rapidly becoming addicted to his Wii. It may have to come home with me. Or else I have to put in a few more hours at the rock shop and get my own. And a big screen TV to use it on. And games. And... Ooops.
Got carried away. Hope you guys are doing well. And I hope Todd and Jennifer aren't having as much fun as we are. They are supposed to be behaving at home. Posting more later when more happens. We plan on going to Atlanta on Thursday morning and goofing off some more between now and then. Bye for now. Dad and Mom

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Get me a Wii. And a new TV.

becuase my brother is BOOOOOOOOORING!

=]