So Mom and Dad made it safely to Huntsville today. We went to pick them up in Nashville this morning and then drove back to Alabama to have some sandwiches for lunch. We spent the afternoon on a nice hike up at Monte Sano state park. The weather today has been spectacular, especially compared to the 90+ degree days with 1,000% humidity for the last month. It was a pretty strenuous hike at times, but there are some really neat limestone formations that we got to see, so it was worth it.
I think they're planning on visiting Atlanta later in the week to visit with the Towns family and we'll join them on Friday to spend a couple of days there.
Dad took a few really neat pictures while we were out and about today.
Laters
Also, as an aside, if you haven't already seen this slow-motion video capture of a lightning strike, I recommend that you czech it out.
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/08/07
1 comment:
I'm glad you wrote today- I was hoping to hear something of their visit with you guys. Keep us posted, k?
Post a Comment