Yesterday Aaron surprised us by playing hookey from work. He "slept in" until about 8:30 then made himself a very ambitious To-Do list for the day. It included:
-work out
-scripture study
-laundry
-dishes
-tack cables to wall
-hold Hakan for 5 minutes (so cute, right??)
" Pyper " "
" Sarah " "
-mow lawn
-look for hand shower kit
I should mention the state of our house prior to his deciding to undertake these things. In a word, DISASTER. It was a bit messy before we left for our last trip to Rexburg, but in the past week since we've been home it's only gotten worse. I've been scrambling to catch up on shoe orders after being gone for a week, and of course Aaron has to work everyday. What little progress I am able to make during the day in one area seems to get undone before the next day has even started. It was just too overwhelming.
Dishes and laundry would have been huge tasks in and of themselves, but he started by cleaning our bedroom (which was the WORST) and bathroom and even vacuumed them both, then went on to finish every single other thing on his list! Well, almost everything. He wasn't able to get the TV cable tacked down because we couldn't find any bleedin' cable tacks! At TWO STORES! See, I've been wanting to have satellite connected to the TV in the bonus room upstairs, which has no jack for it (super stupid). Sooo, we had to run a 100,000 foot cable from our bedroom at the far end of the house, down the hall to the TV there. The hand shower kit proved to be much easier to find and install. We figured this would make bathing the kids much faster and easier, especially since Hakan hates having to lay down in the bathtub to get the soap out of his hair, and he freaks out if you try to dump water on him to get it off. Hopefully this will be tolerable for him.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is because I'm so grateful to have a husband who realizes when things get to be too much for me and takes matters into his own hands now and then. I was able to spend the whole day focusing on shoes and am now right on schedule, and will have Thursday-Sunday "off" from shoes to focus on other projects. I can now walk into my bedroom and breath a sigh of relief instead of keeping the lights off, blinds and curtains shut, hoping to see as little of the mess as possible. My bathroom doesn't make me shudder and when I walk through the kitchen I don't get crumbs and sand stuck to the bottoms of my feet. We all have clean clothes and underthings again, even clean towels & sheets! HOORAY!!!
What a wonderful guy!
I should mention the state of our house prior to his deciding to undertake these things. In a word, DISASTER. It was a bit messy before we left for our last trip to Rexburg, but in the past week since we've been home it's only gotten worse. I've been scrambling to catch up on shoe orders after being gone for a week, and of course Aaron has to work everyday. What little progress I am able to make during the day in one area seems to get undone before the next day has even started. It was just too overwhelming.
Dishes and laundry would have been huge tasks in and of themselves, but he started by cleaning our bedroom (which was the WORST) and bathroom and even vacuumed them both, then went on to finish every single other thing on his list! Well, almost everything. He wasn't able to get the TV cable tacked down because we couldn't find any bleedin' cable tacks! At TWO STORES! See, I've been wanting to have satellite connected to the TV in the bonus room upstairs, which has no jack for it (super stupid). Sooo, we had to run a 100,000 foot cable from our bedroom at the far end of the house, down the hall to the TV there. The hand shower kit proved to be much easier to find and install. We figured this would make bathing the kids much faster and easier, especially since Hakan hates having to lay down in the bathtub to get the soap out of his hair, and he freaks out if you try to dump water on him to get it off. Hopefully this will be tolerable for him.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is because I'm so grateful to have a husband who realizes when things get to be too much for me and takes matters into his own hands now and then. I was able to spend the whole day focusing on shoes and am now right on schedule, and will have Thursday-Sunday "off" from shoes to focus on other projects. I can now walk into my bedroom and breath a sigh of relief instead of keeping the lights off, blinds and curtains shut, hoping to see as little of the mess as possible. My bathroom doesn't make me shudder and when I walk through the kitchen I don't get crumbs and sand stuck to the bottoms of my feet. We all have clean clothes and underthings again, even clean towels & sheets! HOORAY!!!
What a wonderful guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment