Thursday, July 3, 2008

I bought a Datsun!

No really, I did. See?


It even has a little license plate!


Isn't it cute?! I went to D.I. today and found it among the toys. Remember that crusty old brown one that Dad used to drive in Auburndale? Todd and the girls might not remember, but I sure do. It always smelled of KFC and car grease, and the back seat was always full of empty Mountain Dew bottles. Talk about a beater. No offense, Dad, but that car was gross. You probably knew that. :) Looking at this little car makes me think of that little car, and I have to smile.

Aaahh, memories...

4 comments:

ToDd said...

i do remember that thing. i remember the smells you talked about and all the sunflower seed shells in the back too. good times.

Sarah said...

oh, man, i forgot about the sunflower seeds! now THAT is the smell of Dad. :)

Bryce 'n Dena said...

I loved that car. I wish I had it now. I used to operate the semi-automatic transmission for dad (shifting the lever from the passenger seat). Didn't it get infested with ants or roaches at some point?

That's a really cool little toy, by the way.

Anderson Family said...

You guys need to remember that I traded for that car (my old propane powered silver pickup) with Uncle Chris, so it's condition wasn't completely my fault. OK, the seeds and Dew were probably mine. But I can't believe you remember how it smelled! Dad