Monday, July 21, 2008

Hart Reunion notes

Dad here. I had a really good weekend going to Idaho and Salt Lake. I went up Wednesday afternoon and stayed with Keith and Rachelle and spent Thursday running around Salt Lake getting new uniform stuff and other errands. They had a concert to go to, so I got to stay with Molly Thursday evening. Friday morning I headed up to Rexburg to get Todd. He finished his last class, cleaned and checked out of his apartment, went and saw Kristen one more time, put a down payment on a car, and we headed for Logan. Yes, I said car. He's going to buy a blue 1979 Mercury Monarch 2-door (named LeRoy). We didn't have time to get it registered and insured on this trip, so we'll have to try and get it done when we take Kimberly up in September. We spent Friday night at Uncle Doug's house in Logan along with Grandma, Aunt Lillian and Cheryl. The Hart reunion the next day was a lot of fun. I got to see some cousins I haven't seen for decades (gulp!) and just had a good time catching up with everyone else who came. Saturday evening we drove back down to Salt Lake and spent another night with Keith and Rachelle (thanks a bunch!) Todd got a toothache that kept him up all night so we ended up heading for home pretty early on Sunday morning. Lots of miles, but lots of fun, too. Sorry I haven' got any pictures on this post - I'm using another computer and have no photos on this one. Maybe next time. Dad

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Aawww, no pictures?? Well, I'm glad you had a good time! There aren't many other people I know that would enjoy that much driving crammed into just a few days as you!

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Wait, he put a down payment on a '79 Mercury. As in, there's more payments to come? How much can a car like that possibly cost?

Anderson Family said...

The car is going to cost $300 and we gave the girl $100 to hold it until we get back up there. As I remember, your first car cost $100, but it took at least 300-400 to get it tires and working well enough to drive. LeRoy's tires are pretty good, but there probably will need to be a tune up and new fuel filter before we drive it back down here.
By the way, Sarah, the total was about 1380 miles all together. :)