For anyone who has not heard yet, Rachelle and I have some exciting news... I proposed to her on our four year anniversary yesterday and she accepted. Thankfully, she agreed to marry me so I didn't have to push her off the side of the mountain we were standing on. We have no idea when or where this blessed day will take place yet, but we are both really happy. Here is the short version of what happened.
We spent this entire weekend moving a little ways down the road to a new apartment with a small yard and some really great neighbors. It was shaping up to be a really rough weekend, between the move and the rotten weather we had been having. The rain finally let up on Labor Day morning and left us with a beautiful, cool day and a little snow on the mountains. I talked Rachelle into going up a tram to the top of the mountain at Snowbird to look at the snow and take in some scenery. Once up top, we were talking about the last four years and trying not to freeze to death (it was violently cold at the top, the wind was really strong.) We found a quiet spot just over the ridge and I somehow managed to get out some semblance of a proposal - I'm really not sure what I even said, but she managed to get the message. Then she managed to say yes. Rachelle has always admired her Grandmother's engagement ring, and she was really surprised to see that her Grandmother had given me the ring for this occasion. We were both really touched by that.
So, after we managed to get through some laughter and tears, we realized that the camera we had brought was dead. Thankfully, we got on the tram to go back down the mountain and we over heard two photographers talking to some tourists about their shop at the bottom of the mountain. I asked if they were able to take some quick photos of us and the guy agreed. So, here are a couple pictures of where we were and how it all went down. Rachelle has been really patient with me over the years and so have all of you, so I can't wait to share this experience with everyone. I love you all, and so does my fiance.
6 comments:
Congratulations again you guys, that's really exciting. Those pictures are really gorgeous, too. Do you have any pictures of the ring?
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Yay! Congratulations! We love Rachelle! (And Keith, too!) ;)
definitely want to see the ring... =] i love you both so much!
So exciting! Glad you're joining the fam, Rachelle, because let's face it, you're pretty cool.
We're very happy for you both!
I have been telling anyone who'll listen that I am getting a new daughter-in-law. I am the luckiest mom!! Can't wait to hear the details of the wedding as those plans come along. Dad and I love you both...
Mom
Post a Comment