Thursday, September 11, 2008

Visit from Grandpa & Kimberly

I've been wanting to post some photos of when Dad & Kimberly visted last week. As usual, I'm a little late.

We were really excited that they were able to come see us, and even more excited that they got to hang out for a few days. They arrived Tuesday evening just in time for dinner, then took off first thing Friday morning to get Kimberly to school in Rexburg. Unfortunately I felt pretty crummy during their entire visit, so we didn't do a whole lot. Luckily they don't demand entertainment every waking minute, and Pyper & Hakan were able to occupy them plenty I think.



Dad surprised us by coming home from a trip to Wal-Mart with a coconut. That instantly brought back memories of scavenging Aunt Lillian & Uncle Ray's beachside backyard for coconuts and waiting with anticipation for it to get husked, opened and scooped out for us to enjoy. Yum!! Pyper wasn't a fan. I wish I'd gotten a photo of the face she made when she tried some of the milk. "That's NOT milk!!" She didn't like the coconut meat a whole lot either. Oh, well. More for me!



By the way, we always want visitors, so if anyone ever gets the urge to drive to Boise for a weekend (or longer) just let us know!

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Dad here. I tried a comment earlier and for some reason it didn't post. So if there are two, now you know why. Basically, what I said was that sometime in the past, Kimberly and I were talking (we have fairly strange conversations sometimes) and she mentioned that she had never had fresh coconut. So when we were in WalMart together, I remembered that and picked one up. So Pyper and Hakan got to share in the fun as well. Sarah was right - Pyper's expression after tasting the coconut juice was priceless. Anyway, we had a great time on our visit and I recommend a trip to Caldwell to everyone!

Anderson Family said...

Dad again. I just noticed on the first picture Sarah posted. Look at Hakan's right elbow. He had a talent for putting that right in my stomach and putting all his weight on it when leaning over to get a better look at the computer. OOOOfff! :)

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Oh, quit whining. How much could he possible weigh? 20 lbs?

Those kids are adorable. I can't wait to see everybody again in a couple months.

Anderson Family said...

YOU put 20 pounds per square inch on your stomach and see what noise you make! Besides, he's heavier than he looks.:)