I was up on Cedar Mountain last night grooming snowmobile trails and got to wondering what kind of memories you guys have of your younger days. It's always fun for my brothers and sisters to get together and reminisce and I wondered what kind of things stand out in your minds of the years we were all living together. A couple of things that I remember really enjoying were that time we worked up a song for the talent show at church and sang 'This Island Earth' (Bryce missed out on that one - you were in school in Durham, I think - maybe Raleigh). And the Christmas in Florida when we had little or no power and all holed up in the living room with the wood burning stove.
Anyway, I was curious about which of all the events and activities of your lives made the biggest impression on your memories - was it the big spectacular things like Disney World, the RV vacation, trips out west, etc? Or was it things like baseball/soccer games, singing together, play practices, or getting big wooden blocks flung at your heads?
This may be of value for Sarah now, if she is trying to create some memories for her kids, but might be something all of us could use. The blog has been a little slow lately (maybe just not much going on in the winter) so this might give us some mental ammuntion for something to write. You can reply with comments or post a thought on your own - whatever works best. Maybe a couple of pictures will stir some memories as well. Hope you are all doing well and things are great for you all.

You younger ones - these pics of Bryce and Sarah just happened to be ones I have on my computer in the office where I'm doing this. No offense intended by not posting some of you. And if you do take offense, I may have to dig up pictures of you in the tub to post, so be warned! Love (really), Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment