Excerpts from a letter from Kimberly:
Monday, March 2nd
Hey everyone!
In the time between last Thursday (not the 27th, but the one before that, the 20th), which was the last time I was able to write you, a LOT has happened, as you would imagine. So I’ll try to give you a brief rundown of everything.
The 20th was my last P-Day, so I won’t bother with that much. I flew out the 24th and the days leading up to that were kinduv hectic with packing and what not. Poor Sister Ehlers had a bit of a panic attack as she was packing. I felt fine and everything, so I’m glad. Came well within the weight limit.
Leaving Salt Lake on the plane, I watched the mountains for as long as I could, since I knew I’ll miss them. Took a lot of pictures from the air, too. Flying into St. Louis I had hoped to get a picture of the Arch from the air, but no go. Random thought: did you know that suburbs look like amoebas from the air? They do and it’s very strange.
The first visit we made on Wednesday was to this woman who’s been a member two years now (about), but she’s really sick with cancer, so they were trying to get her to the temple before it closed on Saturday for cleaning, so she was able to go to the 7 pm session of Friday! I was so lucky to be able to attend that with her. I didn’t think I’d be going through the temple here so soon!
Our branch building is the smallest I’ve ever seen, including the branch in Las Vegas, NM! There really aren’t many Church members here, but their goal is to “Grow the Branch into a Ward!”
Our dinner calendar for March is so full (and we occasionally get fed lunch besides) that we may not have a chance at eating our own food, besides breakfast. Really, the branch is tiny, but it seems that everyone signed up to feed us! Someone commented that they hadn’t ever seen the Elder’s calendar as fullJ But then Sister Ruefenacht told me that Sister missionaries were prayed into this area. Apparently the Elders had been taken out of this area and it was closed, but now we’ve opened it with Sisters again at the behest of members. Kinda cool to know how much we’re wanted here.
Our regular service work here in Waterloo is at a thrift store called Nice Twice. Kinda neat! I got a couple shirts and a sweater there. After we had finished working, of course. But it’s a neat little clean place and they like to see us there.
Sister R and I are going with the branch mission leader and his wife to clean the temple on Wednesday! This is going to be so cool! And one of our members (recently less-active but she’s doing great now) a middle-aged lady is going to come with us! She’s such a great woman and we love to visit with her (she’s actually offered to let us move in with her, since with certain stipulations we can live with members. I’d really like to, but her grandsons visit and stay with her and that would conflict.)
Oops! Time’s up! I think I got in everything on my notes! Anyway, lots and lots of love! Mine and the Lord’s! The Church is true!
Sister Anderson
The laundry room on P-day - everyone writing letters!
My MTC companion Sister Ehlers outside our room. #307 - funny, right?
Sisters Thacker, Cahoon, Anderson and Ehlers.
No comments:
Post a Comment