Saturday, March 14, 2009

hey...ah-mem-bah me?

i think one of my earliest memories is starting pre-school with taylor.  i remember playing ninja turtles with my friends on the playground and depending on what color shirt you were wearing, that's the ninja turtle you were.  i remember trying my new bow and arrow outback against the "barn".  i remember the crazy dog.  i remember finding rolly pollies outside of church and putting them in my shirt pocket.  what about the snails on the posts of the platforms in the middle of lake ariana.  i loved playing with my brothers, sisters, and cousins.  like "play dead, it's a vulture" or "DRAGONFLY!!!!" or whirlpool.  i love just getting together and laughing my face off.  or at least laughing til i cry.  i can't wait to see you guys again.  much love...peeth out.

4 comments:

taylor said...

haha!! Those were the days! I seriously miss all the stuff we got into on Illinois Avenue. :)

Keith said...

I still don't understand why we never got so much as a nibble from those vultures.

You know, we were all so lucky to grow up on the same street. At the time, I thought it was perfectly normal to have most of your extended family live on the same block, but now I can really appreciate how cool that was.

ToDd said...

i agree with keith. i talk to alot of my friends and they don't even know most of their cousins. and then there's us, who broke into our great-grandma's house to get some of her crackers. i'm very grateful for my childhood.

Anderson Family said...

This from Kimberly (via her email) :
"Aw, I was gonna say whirlpool as one of my memories! Of course, I half expected no one to know what I was talking about, too.

We were seriously lucky to have so many of us close together. It's too bad that I was too young to remember much of it. Except for being chased down by that dog..."