I thought I'd update everyone on something pretty major that's happening around here. As many of you already know, a few weeks ago Aaron was approached by a recruiter with Heinz about a position at their corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh. It was for a corporate Quality Manager job, which means basically overseeing Quality Managers of several of Heinz's plants- kind of a Quality Manager's manager. Anyway, we were really excited about the prospect. Aaron sent them his resume and they continued to express an interest in him, though they said they wouldn't be holding any interviews until after Thanksgiving.
After we got home from our vacation Aaron decided to call the recruiter to find out what the latest was. He was told that the corporate job had kind of been put on hold, perhaps indefinitely. However, they were very interested in him for another position within the company. They'd recently opened a brand new plant and were a month behind in hiring a Quality Manager for it. Apparently that's the first position they fill, so they were anxious to get someone signed on. Get this- the plant is in Florence, South Carolina. Yep, a whole hour south of where I spent my teen years. I have to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of moving back. But after some tears, lots of thought and prayer, I've warmed up to the idea, mainly because this would be a great opportunity for Aaron to join a major corporation and for us to improve our financial situation.
Anyway, after speaking with the recruiter a few times, he was asked if he could make himself available for a phone interview the next day (Thursday of last week). Apparently he'd caused quite a buzz at Heinz and they were anxious to talk to him. During the interview he tried to find out a bit more about the corporate job he'd initially applied for, but apparently they just aren't ready to move on that yet. The Florence job is an a.s.a.p. situation, so that's what they really talked about.
Yesterday he got some more calls from the recruiter and was asked to have a second interview- this time in Pittsburgh! He's supposed to fly out of Boise on the 21st for an in-person interview on the 22nd. Now we're really excited. We figure they wouldn't go to all the trouble to fly him across the country unless they were seriously interested in him, and we're kind of hoping they'll make him an offer while he's there. We know they're anxious to get the plant staffed, and that starts with the QM job. I'm thinking we ought to have some news by at least the first of the year, if not sooner.
So now, we wait. I hate waiting.
2 comments:
Well cool! I hope everything works out in the best possible way for you. From a purely selfish point of view, I would love to have some family within a day's drive again (and a 23 hour drive doesn't count as a day).
Oooh! That's incredible! Good luck with all of that.
Post a Comment