Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Holidays Everybody!!

So I came home from work this afternoon to find a strange silver Cadillac in my garage with somebody frantically trying to get into the car. I pulled up close to find out what was going on and he rammed me in reverse, pushing my car back about 5 feet. He managed to get out and drive through my yard out to the road and away. My TV is in the garage right now, my 2 laptops and a camera are gone. He didn't seem too interested in any of Dena's jewelry or anything in our closets or underwear drawers. He was probably disappointed to find only love letters in the safe that Dena keeps under the bed. I'm still pretty frazzled, especially when I considered what might have happened if he hadn't gotten away and was cornered.

I would post some pictures, but like I said the camera is gone.

Thankfully we haven't found anything missing yet that is irreplaceable. Even all our data on the computers (photos etc.) was backed up to the desktop computer upstairs (that was left untouched). It's really a strange feeling and I hope none of you ever get to experience it.

Oh, and he didn't take any of your Christmas presents that we had laying out on the table either, so you guys are all OK.

4 comments:

Keith said...

Holy crap - I'm glad you and Dena are alright. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like. You are right though, things could have turned out a lot worse, depending on what time you got home and that sort of thing. I'm so sorry to hear you lost some things (hope your car isn't too bad off) but glad you two are ok.

Sarah said...

Wow, I hardly know what to say! "Holy crap!" seems about right, though. Sorry you had to go through that- what a nightmare, especially during this time of year. What a scum bag. And driving a Caddy, no less?? Really glad nothing worse happened.

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Yeah, nothing irreplaceable was taken, and I wasn't hurt so I guess it wasn't that bad. After I've had some time to settle down I realize that things really weren't too terribly bad compared to what could have happened. He didn't go around breaking stuff needlessly. Dena's big candle holder thingy that sits on the table in front of the TV was placed on a nearby chair unharmed and our framed photos on the same table were also intact. Dena also had a few pieces of jewelry with great sentimental value, but not worth much money that were left behind, so we're thankful for that. She was nearly in tears until she found the heirloom bracelet that had originally been a gift from her grandfather to her grandmother.

And I just realized that the guy that took my computers could be reading this, since there's a handy link right to this page right at the top of my browser. Pretty creepy, huh? I hope you get enough money from the pawn shop to fix your bumper buddy. I hope you needed it more that me.

ugh, I feel so violated.

ToDd said...

i think it's kinda funny that you said "i hope nobody has to go through that" because a day before you got jacked, i came home from work and couldn't find my laptop. i searched all over my apartment and car and couldn't find it. kristen couldn't find it in her car or apartment either. i thought it was a prank because nothing else in our apartment was taken. there was also my roomies' laptop (which was closer to the door), an xbox 360, a tv, surround sound speakers, a bag of dvds, and some cds but none of them were taken. they even left my charger. it's been two days and nothing. maybe someone is on an anderson laptop raid. watch out dad and keith. i called the cops and gave them a report. i'm pissed mostly because i've only had it a month and also nothing else in the apartment was taken. so bryce...i feel ya. i'm just sorry your car got hurt and that you guys had to see them.