Well, most may have heard by now but if not...here's the big news. I'm engaged. Kristen and I have been dating for a little over 6 months. She was able to come down to my place for Thanksgiving this last week and got to meet my entire family. (sort of a road test to see if she still wants to be with me) well....she passed. I had planned to do it on wednesday but it was cold and rainy the entire day. So I figured that I would do it on Thanksgiving. Again it was cold and rainy. I only had one day left to ask her before we had to leave for Rexburg. Luckily it was great weather on Friday. So the plan was to use this activity called geo cacheing. It's these little containers of trinkets that people put in random places and then put their coordinates on this website where people can look them up and then use their gps devices to find them. Well, there's three of them fairly close to our house. So I asked her about a month ago if she wanted to do that when she came down and so I told her that the coordinates would be ready when she got down here. That way I could put the ring in my own spot without having to put the coordinates on the internet. So when we were about to go out, I had dad take the ring to my spot and keep an eye on it. All the while Kristen and I went to the office to get the park's gps device. dum dum dum...it wasn't there. bah!!! So I improvised and told her that I knew the general where they were at and we could just look around there. Luckily she's pretty gullicalf...even gullible and believed me. Anyhoo...I took her to the first real one in case she caught on that this was how I was going to propose. We looked around for a little while until we found it. Then I drove past the second one so we went straight to the third one (which is where the ring was). We walked up this small hill towards this cool rock formation. All the while diverting her attention away from dad's truck on the other road. We got to the top of the hill and began to look around the base of the rock. I casually went over to where the ring was and exclaimed "i found it." she came over and while I was down on one knee, I turned around with the ring. She said "you're tricky." I then proceeded to propose and with a huge smile on her face she accepted. (believe it or not) It worked out great. We've sorta decided on april 11 as our date. It's not set in stone but it's all we've got right now. We're gonna get married in the Rexburg temple. If you want any more details or have any more questions...let me know
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing like the love that lets us share our name
Sunday, November 30, 2008
TADAAAAAH!!
Well, most may have heard by now but if not...here's the big news. I'm engaged. Kristen and I have been dating for a little over 6 months. She was able to come down to my place for Thanksgiving this last week and got to meet my entire family. (sort of a road test to see if she still wants to be with me) well....she passed. I had planned to do it on wednesday but it was cold and rainy the entire day. So I figured that I would do it on Thanksgiving. Again it was cold and rainy. I only had one day left to ask her before we had to leave for Rexburg. Luckily it was great weather on Friday. So the plan was to use this activity called geo cacheing. It's these little containers of trinkets that people put in random places and then put their coordinates on this website where people can look them up and then use their gps devices to find them. Well, there's three of them fairly close to our house. So I asked her about a month ago if she wanted to do that when she came down and so I told her that the coordinates would be ready when she got down here. That way I could put the ring in my own spot without having to put the coordinates on the internet. So when we were about to go out, I had dad take the ring to my spot and keep an eye on it. All the while Kristen and I went to the office to get the park's gps device. dum dum dum...it wasn't there. bah!!! So I improvised and told her that I knew the general where they were at and we could just look around there. Luckily she's pretty gullicalf...even gullible and believed me. Anyhoo...I took her to the first real one in case she caught on that this was how I was going to propose. We looked around for a little while until we found it. Then I drove past the second one so we went straight to the third one (which is where the ring was). We walked up this small hill towards this cool rock formation. All the while diverting her attention away from dad's truck on the other road. We got to the top of the hill and began to look around the base of the rock. I casually went over to where the ring was and exclaimed "i found it." she came over and while I was down on one knee, I turned around with the ring. She said "you're tricky." I then proceeded to propose and with a huge smile on her face she accepted. (believe it or not) It worked out great. We've sorta decided on april 11 as our date. It's not set in stone but it's all we've got right now. We're gonna get married in the Rexburg temple. If you want any more details or have any more questions...let me know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CONGRATS, Todd! You are so clever.
Shouldn't it be Todd-ahh!
Congrats again guys. I'm really happy for you. It was great to meet you Kristen, welcome to this crazy family.
Hooty-hoo! My little Toddy is getting hitched! haha..okay that sounded ridiculous. Anyway, congratulations and it seems like the proposal went great! Well, she said yes, that's all that matters, right? :)
Oh yeah, the sooner you can nail down a solid date the better it is for those of us that need to plan travel. Plane tickets can be had for under $200 at the moment...
Post a Comment