Saturday, November 1, 2008

Old Broncos and Big Buffalo

I haven't posted anything for a long time now and thought this was a good excuse to add something fun. Patrick and I went up to Antelope Island today for the yearly buffalo roundup. Thanks to dad's contacts in high places, we "volunteered" to help with said roundup by hopping in some old Broncos and cutting the herd at high and near poop inducing speeds. Chris, the ranger driving the Bronco, went through POST with dad and skillfully negotiated the chaos while we listened to Carrie Underwood on the radio... crazy. This certainly wasn't on my list of things to do before I die, but I'm glad I left room to pencil it in.

Other than that, life has been pretty hum drum. Rachelle and I have been really happy to have so much company this past month, including family and our good friend Bennett. Halloween wasn't very eventful but I did get to dress up a bit for school. I've posted a couple videos of the round up and my costume. Love you all.







Halloween - " On Location Weather Man"




2 comments:

Sarah said...

When you said you hopped on some old Broncos I was picturing these skinny, pathetic-looking horses that wouldn't gallop unless you lit fireworks under their butts. I realize now that a Chevy Bronco would probably be much safer. :) That looks like tons of fun!

By the way, your costume is AWESOME!!!

Anderson Family said...

Glad you had a good time. Wish I could have been there. One of these years I'm going to make it happen. Was that mud or buffalo chips or both on the windshield in your video? Just wondering. Dad