Saturday, November 15, 2008

Costume Pictures

Sarah mentioned today that she wanted to see pictures of those costumes I made (or did you just mean the dress? Oh well) so I guess I'll post a few here! Me in my dress and wig as Toph Bei Fong from Avatar: The Last Airbender. A few of you might recognize it. The dress was made from a wedding dress, a long-sleeved t-shirt, quilt binding, duct tape, interfacing and some hand stitching. I think it turned out nice! Soon as I can, though, I'll be machine-sewing it all to make it more durable.The back shot of my wig. I wish I had found a longer one so I could have more hair to work with, but oh well. Jeez, do I look weird with black hair.
This is the costume I wore for most of the convention and for Halloween. I'm really happy with how the armor came out, having made it myself. That was a fun little experement in prop armor. Don't ask me about that weird expression. I think I was trying to look tough. Wish I had taken that dumb lanyard off, too...
Lastly, the outfit I came up with for the "rave" dance. It's supposed to be a punked-out version of that ^ costume up there. I had glowsticks taped to me all over the place. And sticking outta my hair. ^_^ Too bad the dance wasn't as fun as I was hoping it would be.
Oh, and one last picture you might find amusing:

There was a Transformer there. XD Soundwave, I think his name was. Poor guy couldn't fit through most of the doors, though.

So there you go! Proof of my insanity, but I still think they're pretty cool costumes.

No comments: