Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Family Member

A while back, Sarah posted a blog about their new family member being their new car. Well now it's my turn. Jennifer and Mom have been agitating for a while about how much gas my truck uses, and how big it is and what a pain is is to see out the back with the camper shell on and so on and so on. So Mom and I were in St. George last week and we decided to look at something more fuel efficient. We ended up going back to the dealer we bought the Mitsubishi from and ended up getting a new Subaru Impreza. I got to thinking, and after 30 years of marriage, this the very first really new car we've ever had. We bought a Ford Escort once, but it was a demonstrator and had about 5000 miles on it when we got it. This one is brand new and so far, we like it rather a lot. The only thing to complain about may be the manual transmission. Jennifer is mad because she has to learn how to drive a clutch better. But it seems to be getting about 30 MPG and is lots of fun to drive. We figured Bryce would be pleased with us getting a Subaru.


^New Hotness --------------------Old and Busted^
(Will Smith, Men in Black II)
Anyway, things here are about as usual. I've been able to get up on Cedar Mountain lately and do some trail marking in preparation for the snowmobile season. Things have pretty much slowed down here at the park. We're planning on going to Provo this weekend for the BYU-SDSU football game - my cousin Blake offered to put us up and let us have 2 of his season tickets. Taylor and Daniel were able to get a couple more for Todd and Jennifer, so we are all going to be able to go. Should be lots of fun. The weather even looks decent.
Well, that's about it for me. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving more than you can imagine (or maybe not, since you are all coming as well). See you soon! Dad
P.S. Sorry about, the 'old and busted' crack, Todd. Couldn't resist. :)

5 comments:

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Approve!

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Now I won't feel so bad about having to leave my car at home when I go to play in the dunes. I'll bet we can fit some big fatty balloon tires under there.

Keith said...

Crazy... I can't get over this. I love that car, you did good dad. You certainly deserve it. Now, all you have to do is weld an enormous train-sized cattle gaurd on the front and the deer shouldn't be a problem.

Anderson Family said...

That would look interesting - a giant cow catcher on the front and big fatty sand tire baloons underneath! Not sure what that would do to the gas MPG though, which was the primary reason for buying the car in the first place. It would be unique, though! Not sure I can talk Mom into it, however.

Aaron Hillgrove said...

I second the heavy duty bumper (cow catcher)on the front... even if you lost 5 mpg you'd have a much better chance at winning Car vs Animal Kingdom.