Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cruisin': Episode 1 "Catalina Island"


A couple weeks ago, Kris and I went on our cruise to Mexico which we had been planning for for months.  We went with my old roommate Taron and his wife Sam.  It was four days and we stopped at Catalina Island and then Ensenada, Mexico.  It was ALOT of fun.  I took well over 400 pictures but I'll only put a fraction of them here.
"That's ma boat."
~Forrest Gump

There's our beds.  Mine folded down.

Here's my little friend...that I ate.
And here's Kristen's little friend...that she ate.



Yummy in my tummy. 24/7
I may or may not have eaten alot.

Taron and I bought these little $6 plastic watches cause
we didn't want to have our cell phones on during the trip.

We also bought these AWESOME shirts and hats.


There was a new towel animal every night after dinner.

This is the shuttle boat taking us from the ship to land.
(Taron is a little excited)
Those tiny holes at the bottom are the portals where we walked from
the ship to the shuttle boats.  Just to give you a little perspective.
And there's Catalina Island.
The whole town had such cool little details like this.
Our first excursion was to go sea kayaking.

We would group up like this occasionally so our beach bum
could tell us various tidbits about the island.

It was so fun.


Except for the blister on my thumb that opened up.

After that, we went snorkeling.




Kristen was a little nervous at first cause she's not too
keen of water but I think it eventually grew on her.

Hi Kristen.
We bought these cool underwater cameras that came in handy.
Our guide would take a bag of fish food and dump some of it into the water,
which would cause a feeding frenzy.  We had to watch our fingers or they would get nipped.


Bye Bye Catalina.


2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Awesome job, Todd! That's a lot of pictures and I KNOW that wasn't the entire trip--so we will be looking forward to Part II. I'd seen the photos, of course, but they are so much better with your commintary. I'm like Kristen--I don't much care for being under the ocean, but that looks like fun! Maybe someday...

Mom

ToDd said...

I'm just glad I was finally able to get them on here. And actually, it's more like Part II and III. It was alot of fun though. I'm really glad Kris was so brave though. It wouldn't have been fun without her.