Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Idaho Trip

Ok, so I’m slow. At least I’m getting some kind of blog posted. Most of you haven’t had a lot to say, lately. And it’s not like there’s been nothing to talk about. (Todd-cruise, Kimberly & Jennifer-back to school, Keith-ok, you posted your Glass Ear trip, Bryce-surely you’ve been doing something this summer, Sarah-you’ve kept us up – thank you). Anyway, enough ragging from your father. I actually have two posts to do so I better get started.
The Wednesday after Labor Day, we loaded up Kimberly and all her stuff and headed north.

And it was a load! Our poor little Subaru was wondering what hit it! And yes, those are two duffle bags on our redneck roof rack (2 ratchet straps threaded through the doors). We would have bummed another night on Keith and Rachelle’s floors, but they already had company, so we drove a bit farther north to beat the morning traffic and spent the night in a motel. A reasonably early start got us up to Rexburg in the early afternoon, and we got Kimberly moved into her apartment. Mom and I stayed in a motel in Rexburg, and Kimberly had classes on Thursday and one on Friday. We did some running around for her on Thursday, and were able to meet up with Jamie and Lynn Wood (Todd’s inlaws) for lunch and a tour of their farm. We got to see some of the elk on the property as well as the potato and grain fields in the area. Much fun.


After Kimberly’s class on Friday we loaded back into the (much lighter) car and headed for Boise to see Aaron and Sarah and the kiddles. Kimberly hadn’t yet met Finnley, so she was pretty excited. We got there and were able to spend Friday night and Saturday with them. There was a big art show in Boise for the weekend, and Aaron’s brother Justin had a booth there, that Aaron was helping him with. We met Sarah and the kids for dinner Friday night and went to the show for the last half hour before sunset. But on the way, I somehow screwed up my knee. So on Saturday, when everyone was getting ready to head back to the art show, I decided I should stay home, and either rest my knee and take it easy or babysit Finnley, or both. So he and I stayed home while the rest spent the day in the park. Probably worked out best for everyone. Sunday morning we drove as far as Twin Falls, put Kimberly on a shuttle bus to Rexburg and headed for home. We stopped in Salt Lake for lunch with Keith and Rachelle. Somehow the trip home always seems to take longer than the trip out. But we stopped in Cedar to see Jennifer for a minute, too. Had lots of fun and put in about 1700 miles in 5 days. We’ll have to do it again sometime.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dad, I think you're the only person I know who would say "do it again soon" about "1700 miles in 5 days". Cuh-RAAAZY! But we're sure glad you did it because seeing you guys was great! I'll post some of the photos I took while you guys were here soon.