Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall on Cedar Mountain

On Monday the 27th, Mom and I decided to take a drive up on Cedar Mountain to see some of the fall colors, so we loaded up a picnic dinner and headed up the mountain. I had been up there last week and it was starting to get pretty good. I wanted to show her one of the trails that we groom in the wintertime. It runs through some pretty impressive lava beds and sinkholes. We got up there and here are some of the sights that we found.


We also took a few of us – this might have to be our Christmas picture this year.
The contrast of the yellow quakie leaves and the green firs and the blue sky was pretty spectacular.
We stopped in at Cedar Breaks National Monument and I got a picture of Mom at the overlook.

We decided it was too cold to sit out there and eat, so we found a pretty place to park and ate our picnic in the car. On the way out, there was a pretty spectacular sunset, thanks to a bank of smoke from one of the wildfires in the area. But it was a fun afternoon/evening and we wanted to share it with you all. Don't forget to take a little time to enjoy life. Dad


















3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love fall, and it looks like it has made its way to you guys. We're still waiting around up here. Thanks for all the pretty pictures. I especially love the one of the two of you. Glad to see you guys are taking advantage of your now empty nest to spend some quality time together. ;)

Kelly said...

Beautiful! We have never had the opportunity to see Cedar Breaks without snow. Utah is calling me! Sure wish I could answer right now!

Kelly

Jennifer said...

Wow kids, thanks for comin to see me since you were only like 20 minutes away! But... I love you anyways. And also the fall scenery. (: