Life changing events are afoot in our house these days. As you probably know, the plant where I work is closing and I'll be laid off in a few weeks. Before that happens, they are sending me to Korea for 3 weeks to provide some technical support for a machine that has been transferred over there. Last week I got a job offer for a job that would be acceptable, but not ideal. That same day, I got a call about an interview for another job so we drove up to Roanoke, VA and had a great interview on Monday. Today I got a call that they want me to come back again to talk to some more people there. It sounds like it's my job to lose, but that still isn't a solid offer. Unfortunately the solid job offer that I do have wants an answer asap. Oh, and I leave for Korea in 11 hours. So now I have to decide if I want to turn down the job that I have but don't really want in the hopes that I can land the job that I really want, but don't have yet.
and my car has a flat tire.
4 comments:
Talk about your emotional roller coaster ride! Now is when it would be nice to have a crystal ball to gaze into for answers... Short of that, you just pray, ponder and try to make the best choice you can. But I trust you can fix that flat tire!
Mom
Aaron and I share your anxiety. Things will work out I'm sure, but in the meantime I hope you can take advantage of your time away to think and figure out what you really want.
Decisions! Well, Bryce passed on the job offer. He wasn't excited about this job and if you don't like your job, you won't be happy (and may show in your performance too). We have known the layoff was coming and have prepared for the worst. Though this is certainly a risk, at least we are semi prepared for it. We figure worst case, he can settle and take another job that he doesn't like anytime. We are taking the opportunity to try while there is a chance to do something that interesting and exciting. He has an interview on November 1st. I hope this goes well. We both felt this way and had a peace about it, though I have to say that waiting does add anxiety. We will keep you all posted.
Thanks for letting us know. To tell the truth, I'm happy he didn't take that job--I agree that no should work at job that they are not happy with, so if you have a choice, then don't take it. I feel completely confident that everything will work out for you two--just hang in there until you know it is right!
Mom
Post a Comment