So, after our awesome time in Catalina, we left for Ensenada, Mexico. I was super excited because I had never left the country before. Even though Ensenada is only like 3 hours away from LA, I was still excited for our new adventure. We ported in Ensendada and a shuttle took us to a little pavilion in town where we could either walk around town or hop on a bus to see the sights. The four of us decided to take a tour of the local attraction, La Bufadora (the Blowhole). It's basically a hole in the rocks where the tide/waves come shooting out the top. Apparently, there's only 3 in the whole world: Hawaii, Australia, and Ensenada.
 |
| Chino was our tour guide to La Bufadora |
 |
This lady (yes it's a lady) and her drunk friends were, unfortunately, on our tour too. While we were learning about Ensenada's history and what not, they were more concerned where the best margaritas were. |
 |
Our ghetto tour bus. Even though we were there to have a
good time, I was still looking out the side of my eyes to make
sure we weren't going to end up on a plantation or prison camp
of some kind. |
 |
This guy was awesome. I tried putting a video
of him singing on here but it didn't work. |
 |
| La Bufadora |
 |
For some reason, it wasn't as big as we all thought.
Maybe the tide was just low or something. |
 |
This was the gauntlet...di mean....market, we had to walk
through in order to get to La Bufadora. |
 |
| It wasn't all bad though. We got free churros. |
 |
| Recognize anybody? |
 |
| I thought this sign was hilarious. |
 |
| This is where we got our authentic tacos. |
 |
| MMMMM...I'm drooling just looking at them. |
 |
| This is our buddy Fernando Navarro. He does spray paint paintings. |
 |
This was the picture he did for Kris and I.
The cool part is that he did it all in around 15 minutes. |
 |
| After Fernando, we took to the streets of Ensenada. |
 |
| I guess these were some dignitaries of the state. |
 |
| They're a lot cooler than they first look. |
 |
Every five feet these ladies would send
there kids after us to try and sell us gum. |
 |
| Ensenada at night. |
 |
| Adios Ensenada |
2 comments:
My kids--the world travelers!! You certainly did meet quite a few 'characters' in Ensenada; some more memorable that others and some you would like to forget...
Tell us again what the vendor said when you commented on the paintng of Joseph Smith?
Thanks for the new post--it's fun to keep up with you adventures this way.
Mom
First, he asked which one we were looking at, then, after we said "Joseph Smith", he said "Mormones?" Then he proceeded to show his his "Libro de Mormon". We don't think he was a member but it was still way funny to see the picture and his copy of the Book of Mormon.
Post a Comment