Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back to Eastern Idaho

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd do a quick catch-up of what we're up to. Aaron's been dealing with a crisis at work recently that has to do with their biggest customer and a product that isn't turning out well when it gets put under the heat lamps in their stores. He woke up Saturday and decided that the only way to make sure he's done ALL that he can to resolve the issue is to drive to Idaho Falls where their seasoning company is located and work on things himself. (Keep in mind, this is Research and Development stuff- a job he was taken out of a year ago and is still being asked to do anyway. They're just now getting around to hiring someone to take over, but Aaron's been doing two jobs and only getting paid for one since last March. IRRITATING!)

Anyway, Sunday morning we got up, packed and drove the 5 hours to Idaho Falls and spent the night with Grandma Bobbie. Aaron's Aunt Judy was also here to take care of Grandma after an eyelid lift surgery she was having the next morning. Grandma figured it probably wouldn't be such a good idea to have us and the kids around while she's trying to recover, so yesterday we got a hotel room to stay in for Monday and Tuesday nights. Last night we met up with Todd and Kristen and had some dinner, then tonight we'll drive up to Rexburg and make Todd wait on us at Frontier Pies. :)

We plan to head home in the morning, arriving in time to make our chiropractor appointments, my baby appointment right after that, Scout meetings for both of us that evening, with enough time left in the day for me to get things all ready for the preschool Valentine's Day party I'm in charge of on Thursday morning... hopefully.

Right now I'm sitting in a dark, quiet hotel room while the kids take a much needed nap. I always hate being in hotels with them all day because I'm so uptight about the amount of noise they make. I'm constantly shushing them and telling them not to run or stomp or have any fun whatsoever. It's not fair to them and it stresses me the heck out. Finally around lunch time we headed out. We went over to Ross to look around, then to the mall because I had an Old Navy gift card. The entire time I was wishing it was warmer so they could go play somewhere. Bless Aaron for getting transfered- I forgot how miserable winters are here! Snow blowing right in your face, bitter cold wind cutting right through your clothes- it sucks! And for some idiotic reason the only shoes I packed are backless, so I'm constantly getting freezing snow on my heels.

I considered taking the kids to a movie after their naps, but there aren't any matinees at the cheap theater. So I may take them back over to the mall and let them play on the little indoor playground there. Poor things, I know they're going stir crazy. Me, too, as a matter of fact.

No comments: