Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wave Again

Well, Sarah beat me to the punch in chastizing all of us about not doing any blogs lately. I've been meaning to put this one up this week, so here goes.

The weather here has been so nice for winter that I just couldn't resist, and got a permit to hike the Wave again last Tuesday the 31st. I went by myself and took about 250 pictures and had a ball. The weather was great for hiking (high 40's or so) and the only snow I saw was on the north slopes, and there wasn't much of that. I'll just share a few of the pictures with you.






I'd better stop here or I'll go crazy - like I said, I took about 250 pictures that day. Anyway, hope it brings back some memories for those of you who have been there (not too painful, I hope, Aaron) and encourage those who haven't to come make a trip out there if we can manage it.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful photos! The Wave is somewhere Rob definately wants to hike!

Kelly

Bryce said...

I don't think I realized at the time how lucky I was to get to see that in person. I see people griping all over the internet about how hard it is to be able to get out there.

Anderson Family said...

This time of year is great. When I went in Monday to get the pass for Tuesday, they had several available for Monday if I wanted them. I hadn't come prepared to go right then, so I waited for the next day. Winter just depends on the weather. If it's wet or snowy, the road into the wave parking lot can be impassable to normal vehicles. But this year has been so warm and dry it worked out fine. The competition for passes is far less in the winter than in the summer months. Come on out, and we'll go again! Dad