Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New news.

Wow, it really has been a long time! Rachelle and I have been keeping busy with the usual, but are grateful that no major curve balls have been thrown our way. We are trying our hardest to shake off the winter and move into spring. In the meantime, we have a new member of the family.




His name is Mac. My eighth grade class gave him to me as a Christmas present. He should get a lot bigger and should turn a stronger color of yellow as he gets older. So far, he is doing well, even though he tries to bite me when ever I get close. Hopefully we can come to some agreement, since he is supposed to have a life expectancy of 20+ years ... that is twice as long as most dogs... twenty years... the rise and fall of entire civilizations have taken less time. Ugh, a tie would have been a lot less intimidating, but I have to say, I do like the little guy a lot.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

My goodness, he is SO pretty! And sure to get even more pretty as his colors get more vibrant, huh? I do hope that he stops trying to bite you. I wonder if he's just upset at how close you've put him to the tarantula?

Sarah said...

What cool markings he has! My kids are going to be jealous. :)

Keith said...

He is a leopard gecko. I have seen a few full grown ones and they are pretty crazy looking; big fat tails and really bright colors.

Kristen said...

I had a leopard gecko in during my first years of college.. I loved him! He was so cute and nice.. so I think Mac will mellow out the older he gets.