Dad here. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll try. Last month when I was up grooming snowmobile trails on Cedar Mountain, I was listening to a CD I'd made. On it was a song I've known and liked for more than 30 years, but for some reason I haven't heard (or at least really listened to) for a number of years. Anyway, it really struck a chord with me that night and I've kind of wanted to share it with you all since then. This seems to be an appropriate time for that, so I hope you'll excuse a little personal feelings on this public forum. The song is "Beautiful" by Gordon Lightfoot.
How you could be anything but beautiful
I think that I was made for you
And you were made for me
And I know that I won't ever change
We've been friends through rain or shine
For such a long, long time.
It seems so lucky just to have the right
Of telling you with all my might
You're beautiful tonight
And I know that you won't ever stray
Cause you've been that way from day to day
For such a long, long time
How could life be anything but beautiful?
I think that I was made for you
And you were made for me
And I know that I won't ever change
We've been friends through rain or shine
For such a long, long time.
To be the one who's telling you
I'm telling you, that you're beautiful.
Like I said, for some reason the words and feelings of the song just struck me especially hard that night on the mountain. Many thanks to Mr. Lightfoot. I don't usually make a big deal of things, but I wanted you all to know how much I love my wife and what a great blessing she has been in my life. She's the very best. I hope you all have a good Valentines day and that your Valentine is as special to you as mine is to me.

2 comments:
Should anyone wonder, the feeling is mutual! (And if you know me, I cried...surprise, surprise!!)
Mom
Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures. Wow...
I like your blog.
Please visit:
http://coffee-beyondstory.blogspot.com
Keep blogging.
Have a wonderful time.
Post a Comment