Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good Times

This Memorial Day, Rachelle, Patrick and I took a trip down south for some down time. We had a really nice time, even though the weather forecast was not looking good. For some reason, I tend to forget how amazing the country is out here. Just the drive down would have been worth the trip. We spent the first night near Lower Calf Creek Falls, which turned out to be amazing.




Go figure, in the middle of the desert.





The next day, we stopped by the Petrified Forest near Escelante for a quick hike. It turned out to be really cool. Then we headed down to Bryce Canyon ( cause I've never been there) for a night. We got lucky, the weather wasn't too bad even though we did get some rain.




So, this picture is funny because it was almost the last one ever taken of us. Rachelle didn't tell me she was about to jump on my back and we came really close to falling over that little cliff behind us.






Sunrise






I can't wait until this summer, I am planning on living in the woods the entire time. Hope everyone is doing well.

6 comments:

ToDd said...

i am so jealous. i haven't been camping in forever. we should go with taylor and daniel this summer.

Sarah said...

Wow, SUCH awesome scenery. Sounds like you guys had a great holiday!

taylor said...

oh yes! go with us! we're still planning that trip to goblin valley and arches. should be FUN! :)

Bryce 'n Dena said...

That looks like it was an absolute blast. I'm jealous that you guys have such beautiful places to go so close to home.

Keith said...

We are really lucky to have so much beauty around us. I couldn't help but feel guilty for taking so long to get out there. Like I said, I plan on being a creature of the woods all summer long.

Anderson Family said...

Actually, the ideal situation is to LIVE in a place like that and travel into town only when necessary. Hmmm, wonder who has been able to manage that?
But your're right - I'm going to have to make a trip to Calf Creek Falls myself this summer. Looks great. Dad the hermit.