Dad here. Sorry I’m so slow getting this post up. After driving 1300 miles over last weekend, we got back and had to catch back up with things here at home. But we really did have a wonderful weekend in Idaho for Todd and Kristen’s wedding and Finnley’s blessing. Sarah has posted a good bit on her blog, but I’ll add a bit here.
We were able to go up Wednesday evening and meet up in Salt Lake with Grandma, Cheryl, Ryan and Jan at Gabes. Jan’s aunt and uncle in Bountiful kindly put us up (put up with us?) for the night and we were able to go up to Rexburg on Thursday in time to go through the temple with Todd and Kristen in the evening. We were able to stay with my cousin Nadine and her husband Mike. With so many family there, we were pretty well spread out over about 3 counties, but it was great to get together again.
On Friday, after a few wedding preparations, we got together for Finn’s blessing in Idaho Falls, which was a wonderful event. He’s so much fun and cuter than humanly possible.
And of course, Saturday was the wedding. Kristen was beautiful and Todd’s face hurt from smiling so much.
The temple president, who performed the wedding, mentioned how important family support was for young couples, and he was pretty impressed when I told him we had family here from Florida, Alabama, Missouri, New Mexico, Utah and California as well as Idaho (hope I didn’t miss anyone!). We do thank you all for your love and support of our family. It really means a lot to all of us. The quote at the top of this blog is not an idle statement. The reception was great (especially since we were inside out of the rain!) and all in all a memorable event.
On Sunday, we got up and headed home, with a stop in Salt Lake at Keith’s for lunch (wedding luncheon leftovers). Todd and Kristen were there as well before leaving on their honeymoon to Florida. Mom and Jennifer had to get back to Kanab so Jennifer could get to class on Monday morning, but I was able to stay in Salt Lake over Monday and spend some time with Bryce before he flew home in the afternoon. We went up to Park City, walked around the Temple Square area, went up to the DUP museum and looked at Grandpa Patterson’s loom, and drove up to Antelope Island for a quick look at the park (and buffalo).
I’ve got quite a few pictures from the weekend already, but if those of you who took more will send copies to me (via CD would probably work the best) I’ll compile them all into one DVD and get everyone a copy who wants one. Thanks again for a happy and memorable weekend. I’ve got an idea! Let’s do it again in October! Only in North Carolina this time! See ya then, if not before.
4 comments:
i want to thank everyone for coming. it really was a great day for kristen and i. we're really grateful for the help and support (especially when you guys cleaned some of our car off) as soon as i get them on my laptop, i'll post pictures of our honeymoon too.
and why can i not take a normal picture?!!
I'm really glad I was able to spend the weekend with everybody. I had a fantastic time. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again soon. Dad, I sent you a CD with my pictures a couple of days ago. You should be getting it any day now.
What a great time. I really don't know that it could have been better. We loved every minute.
Post a Comment