Sunday, April 19, 2009

Best Week Ever!! (at least so far)

Since Kris and I haven't got any pictures of our wedding yet, I'm gonna go ahead and post pictures from our honeymoon down in Florida.  It actually started in Salt Lake.  We reserved a suite at this place called Anniversary Inn.  It took us a while to find it because it wasn't in the phonebook and we couldn't find it just looking ourselves.  So we finally googled it and found it. We didn't feel much better once we found it because it looked pretty ghetto on the outside and Kris was sure we'd have to get a tetnis shot afterwards or something.  However, once we were on the inside it wasn't that bad.  It was actually quite nice.  It was themed after Angel Falls or something like that.  We had a tree "growing" around the bed, a "waterfall" by the tub, and an upstairs loft where we could watch tv.


  















After that we flew to Orlando where uncle Chris and aunt Tricia picked us up and took us to their place.  We stayed in the cottage Popper built for great-grandma.  Tricia and Chris were nice enough to stock the fridge and freezer a little
 bit and leave some snacks for us.  The first full day we were there was pretty grim.  It was rainy, windy, and there was even a tornado watch for the area; so we just stayed inside or the few times it let up I took her around Auburndale to the shake shop or pet shop.  We still had fun regardless of the weather.

It wasn't too bad because the next day was absolutely gorgeous.  Tricia and Chris also let us borrow their extra car and gps thingy to go to Disney World.  We spent the entire day at Magic Kingdom.  Kris had never been before so she was super excited and so was I but that's because I'm a 6'2" 4 year old.
  
Anyhoo...we were able to go to all the rides we wanted to even if the wait was like an hour or more at some of them. Does anyone know if it's a federal law that you have to wait in line everywhere you go in Disney World?  They had two parades during the day and fireworks at night.  Anyone who knows mine and Kristen'
s story, knows that fireworks are a big part of it so that was alot of fun watching them.  They even had a real life Tinkerbell "flying" down from the castle.  It was a total mind blow.
The next day we went to Animal Kingdom (another disney 
world park).  It was basically a glorified zoo but Kris and I both love zoos so it was still fun.  Especially since she had a migraine the night before and probably couldn't have handled alot of crazy rides.  They had alot of cool aminals, even a safari ride you could go on.  That was really fun.  The one real ride we went on was a roller coaster set at Mt. Everest.  At one point you're going up but the tracks were broken by the Abominable Snowman so we rolled backwards down the track for a while.  It was one of the funnest I've ever been on.  

We only stayed at Animal Kingdom for half the day, the other half we went to Cocoa Beach.  We found a spot that hardly anyone was at so swa
m while Kris looked for seashells.  The water was actually really warm.  I missed the beach so much (especially since it snowed in Rexburg the week before we got married)  




We're back now in Rexburg, moving into our new apartment together.  We had alot of fun opening all of our presents (thank you sooo much everyone)  We're thinking of starting our own blog once we start having stuff to blog about.  We'll see.  Thanks again to everyone who was able to come to the wedding.  It really made us happy to see y'all.  

 

1 comment:

Keith said...

Ha! I still can't get over that you are married. It is still messin with my head. I'm so glad you guys had a nice trip, I know we really enjoyed the wedding. Love you two.