Sunday, October 5, 2008

Theater in St. George

Jennifer wanted me to post something about our trip to St. George Thursday night. We got to go over and see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Amphitheater over there. It is an outdoor theater with an amazing background of a redrock box canyon. It's a really nice facility with a huge stage and excellent productions. We've gone in the past to see West Side Story and Joseph. This year they are doing Les Miz and Big River. I'm trying to figure out a way to get back to see Big River before they close near the end of the month. Also, the St. George Musical Theater group is putting on The Secret Garden right now, and I want to get over and see that as well.
Les Miz was outstanding (Jauvert and Eponine especially so, although Jennifer and her friends liked Marius a lot, too). She had never seen the whole show and only knew it from Kimberly's descriptions and the soundtrack. Tuacahn uses many of the same actors for both shows (Big River MWF, Les Miz TuThSa) and the interesting part was the same guy does Jauvert and Jim in Big River. He was so good, I really want to see him as Jim. After the show, I asked Thenardier and his wife how it was to do two such different shows on alternate nights, and they said it was pretty hard. Anyway, I didn't take any pictures (not allowed) so I have none to post. Going to the show really made me miss being in the theater with all you guys and brought back lots of great memories. Bye for now. Dad

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

WAAAAH!!! You make me so jealous!!! *weep* I wanted to go to those so bad!! How did I miss out on the entire SUMMER?!