Saturday, August 27, 2011

Starving college student.

Yes, this is my second year of college. However, this is my first year of having to actually feed myself, since I was in the dorms last year and had a meal plan. I foresee some weight being lost due to good ol' apathy and the unwillingness to dirty dishes just to feed myself.

However, I am now accepting ideas anyone might have for quick/easy/cheap dinners that I can try out. I've been on this cooking/baking kick the past couple of months and I get really excited when I get to try out new recipes, so don't be shy! Help a baby sister out. (:


I can only eat ramen with peanut butter, soy sauce, and sriracha chili sauce so many times before my heart gives out...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Pasta is always a good cheap choice. Just vary it using different sauces, or I like to flavor some olive oil with garlic and add veggies and some grated Parmesan. I also remember eating a LOT of microwave baked potatoes in college. You might also consider looking for a crock pot at the DI (or go halvesies with a roommate to get a new one). Throw in some chicken or pork chops and add something to flavor it like BBQ sauce or Italian dressing and you're set!

Oh, and here's what I have to say about your Ramen concotion -- EW!!!

ToDd said...

I eat/ate a lot of sandwiches. Deli meats and cheese. PB&J or marshmallow cream. Grilled cheese (you can add meat if you want). And there's always Christmas chicken.

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Well, we ate A LOT of angel hair pasta with just a little butter/oil and Parmesan. Of course the Lipton pasta packs were always a little better variety and preferred to the Raman. We bought corn dogs at Sam's (like 25 in a box for $5 or something ridiculous cheap). We would also splurge on the $0.69 pinto &cheese at Taco Bell. Chicken and rice (I can send a great recipe)which the chicken was also purchased at Sam's in the big bag. Sam's was our lifesaver I think...the only meat we really ate and certainly not an every day occasion. We bought the pack of like 10 pork chops and the 6 lbs burger and divided everything into 1lb servings or 2 chops per ziplock and froze them. The only negative is remembering to thaw it.

I never claimed it was healthy and good....it was survival.

Jennifer said...

I am all for trying out new recipes. By all means, text or e-mail your favorite ones to me anytime! (:

And Sarah, don't hate on my ramen. It sounds gross, but is genuinely fantastic. haha

Bryce 'n Dena said...

I actually like the sound of the ramen with peanut butter and sriracha. It sounds like a spicy thai peanut sauce. Maybe try frying a little tofu to go in there.