Sunday, August 8, 2010

GlassEar National Park

I've been meaning to put up some pictures of our trip to Glacier NP for a while now. I like the way Bear Grylls says it, so breath really heavy and say "glass ear" with an English accent. Anyhow, we went up to Montana about three weeks ago and had a blast. This trip was one Rachelle and I have been wanting to take since we looked at a coffee table book at the chiropractor's office several years ago. The weather was beautiful, the drive was long (we learned all of the state capitals and Canadian provinces on the way up - we are so dull), and it was everything we hoped for.














This trail followed the continental divide through the park to a chalet at the top of a ridge. Beautiful.


The marmots would lay out on the rocks and "bark" if you got too close.



Maybe the cutest thing I have ever seen.






5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Awesome!! You guys had a 'picture postcard' vacation! I'm glad you FINALLY made it to Montana! Keith, isn't that where you and Todd always said you were going to live? You just about needed a passport to go as far north as you did... Thanks for the post!
Mom

ToDd said...

Jealousy...thy name is Todd.

Anderson Family said...

Great pictures! What is the name of the mountain range you guys were in? Besides the Rockies! Anyway it looks like a great place. I think you've talked me into it. And Todd - I know how you feel. Dad

Bryce 'n Dena said...

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! There's a goat RIGHT THERE!!

Sarah said...

I think I tried to leave a comment on this when you posted it it but it didn't work, so I forgot to try again until now. ANYWAY, loved the post and all the photos! I definitely want to visit there someday- it looks stunning!!