Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dad's California Trip

I’ve been wanting to do a post about my trip to California last month, but have been a little too uninspired until now to do it. So here goes. As most of you know, Grandma was able to go on a cruise with and old friend of hers and that friends sister. The sister lives in St. George, so they flew into Las Vegas and drove to St. George. I was able to get the week off, so I drove to St. George on Monday morning, picked up Grandma and we headed to San Lorenzo. I stayed ‘til Friday and came home. How’s that for a post? What? You want more? Oh, all right.
Ryan was able to come and stay Tuesday and Wednesday, so we did a fair bit of goofing around together, as well as a little bit of constructive effort. When we got there, Grandma’s magnolia tree in the back yard was in full flower, and lots of the petals were in full free fall, as well.

We cleaned it up for now, but there were more waiting to fall. In fact, some didn’t even wait for us to get back in the house. Oh well. We went and met Bart and Jane for lunch and then got to go see Issac and Becca’s new baby boy Aiden.


There was a pretty good fight to hold him, but we each got a turn.
Then on Wednesday, Grandma decided she needed to stay home and do laundry, so Ryan and I took a trip to the coast and Bean Hollow. The tide was high, so the rock pools were covered, but the surf was up and we got some pretty great waves coming in, as you can see from a couple of pictures.

There was foam all over the place.
Then we drove down the coast a bit and found Pigeon Point Lighthouse, so of course we had to stop and take some more pictures. Ryan and I can be bad influences on each other when it comes to cameras.

Then we went home, picked up Grandma and went out to visit Janae’s family, which was also a lot of fun (as usual).

Munchkins vs. Jolly Green Giant?

Ryan left from Janae’s to go home. Thursday was mostly spent relaxing and shopping with Grandma and then I drove home on Friday. It was a quick trip but lots of fun. I plan to do it again sometime soon, if I can get away with it. This year is Grandma’s year to have Thanksgiving dinner at her house for my brothers and sisters and we are planning on being there for it this year. I’m sure I speak for Grandma if I invite all of you to join us if you can swing it. Not sure yet of the exact schedule, but we’ll work on it as it gets closer.
The posts have been a bit sparse of late, so I’m going to encourage all of you to think of something and put it on here. A new post from one of you is the highlight of the day for us. Love you all. Dad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay, I don't think "jealous" quite covers how I'm feeling right now, because while I'm glad you got to go and have so much fun, I really wish I could have gone, too!

As usual, your pictures are fantastic. Is that little Ryan shooting the basketball or is big Ryan teasing them by keeping it balanced on his head? It's hard to tell. :)

We're planning a trip to the Bay Area this summer and hope to be able to see as much of our families as possible, so I guess I'll just have to hold my horses until then. But thanks for the teaser!