Friday, January 1, 2010

The Heart of a Champion



A couple years ago, a young deer in the prime of his life was jogging down the street near the brush where he lived. He was training for his big chance to join the football team. He had been training all year. Unfortunately, one neglectful deer plus one speeding car equals disaster. The poor little guy's dreams of becoming a star wide receiver and of course his leg, were shattered. He was immediately rushed to the nearest deer hospital where the deer doctor made quick work off making him look like a pirate so the other deers wouldn't mess with him. So now, after extensive rehabilitation, our little furry hero can hobble and limp like a pro. It's true that his dreams of being the next Jerry Rice are (and pretty much always were) out the window, but at least he's home now and making the best of it.

THE END





6 comments:

Aaron Hillgrove said...

where's his eye patch?

Anderson Family said...

What a brave hearted little fellow! I'm so happy to finally meet this incredible creature--what an example to us all!

Mom

Keith said...

I love natural setting - thanks for taking the picture.

Bryce 'n Dena said...

You just keep scraping along there li'l brudder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGwIFJneeY

Sarah said...

Bryce- that link was both bizarre and funny. I was smiling, but I'm sure the rest of my face looked thoroughly perplexed. I'm not sure what else to say.

ToDd said...

i actually attribute most of that post to li'l brudder. him and tenda foot are my heroes.