Friday, September 18, 2009

Just a post from Dad

Just thought I'd put up a quick hello to all of you. Things here are going well. The park has slowed down somewhat with school starting, but we're still pretty busy. The three of us are ramping up for our big trip to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, so that is exciting. I just found out that my brother Bart is going to be able to come out with us as well. He'll fly with Grandma and be part of the festivities. Great surprise!

I also thought I'd share some night pictures I took a little while back. Our camp host has gotten into night photography, so I went out with them and took a few. The starfields here are amazing, as I hope you can see.

It was a lot of fun and the pictures didn't come out too bad, considering I wasn't really sure what I was doing with that digital camera.

Anyway, we're looking forward to seeing all of you soon in North Carolina. I know the 2 weeks is going to whiz by and will be here in no time. Just a comment, Keith - not trying to add any additional pressure! See you soon! Dad

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Dad, those pictures are pretty good! Is that a shooting star? Reminds me of when a bunch of us were there at Thanksgiving and we walked out to the dunes and laid on our backs on the deck to look at the stars. We had such a good time just talking and laughing together and watching for shooting stars, even though that concrete was freezing. The stars out there really are incredible. Thanks for reminding me!

Anderson Family said...

Not a shooting star - an airplane with about a 30 second exposure. But it looks cool, though. Glad you liked them.