I can't wait to see everyone in NM soon. It is pretty much all I want to talk about.
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing like the love that lets us share our name
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Gone Fish'n
Last Saturday, Rachelle and I were invited to go sailing on her boss's boat at a place called Strawberry Reservoir. I hadn't really thought about it before then, but I've never been sailing before so I was really excited about the trip. It turned out to be such a blast. We got to fish while we were out and had some luck. I caught two good sized trout but had to release them because they were too big ( this is the truth, although I admit I phrased it just so to make the fish sound impressive - they were only about 18 in.) Anyway, I highly recommend this particular brand of recreation to anyone if they have the opportunity because it was such a nice time - an easy and natural kind of relaxation. Not to mention, the whole thing feels like the last 5 happy minutes of a movie you once watched. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gabes used to have a cabin at Strawbery, and we were able to go up there and fish a couple times every summer when we lived in Utah when I was a kid. One of my favorite places. Winter up there is tough, though. They filmed the opening Arctic sequence for National Treasure at Strawberry in the winter. I need to go fishing again. Dad
Post a Comment