Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Things that prove I'm growing up/turning into Mom

  • I’m registered to vote
  • I willingly watched the presidential debate by myself
  • I spent the 2 hour drive home from the airport listening to classical music on late-night NPR
  • I daydream almost exclusively about decorating my house someday
  • I obey traffic laws
  • I actually iron my clothes, rather than pretending they’re “supposed to look worn-in”
  • I buy wheat bread now
  • My body hurts after driving
  • I don't understand a lot of the fashion trends right now... and I work in retail
  • I can feel my heart physically ache when I see a picture of Rowan crying (seriously Sarah, not cool)
  • When I’m frustrated, rather than using expletives, I literally say “Ding dagnabbit!” exactly like Mom
I’m not super excited about being an adult, but I will say that I love the idea that maybe someday I have a chance of being anywhere as adorable as my sweet mom.

3 comments:

Bryce said...

Let me know when you fully turn into mom so you can start ironing my clothes.

Sarah said...

I love this list! Those things DO mean you're growing up! :) I remember noticing things about myself that made me realize I was turning into our mom. At first I was a little incensed (no offense, Mom!). I guess I thought that being more like her meant I was being less like me. Soon I came to accept and appreciate it! I'm glad you're starting off with the right attitude. I mean, is there anyone else I'd RATHER turn into? Heck, no!!

Oh, and sorry about those pictures. They were brutally pathetic, I know. If it helps, I snuggled and cuddled and kissed him to pieces right after.

Anderson Family said...

You girls make your mother feel special! I guess I must have done something right... :)

XOXO
Mom