Friday, July 30, 2010

Back In New Mexico Again!

I got to go to New Mexico again this summer—this time Dad got to come along! We left after I got off work on Thursday and stayed overnight in Farmington, NM, which is halfway. Today, we surprised Mommer by showing up at the mountain house at 3 o’clock this afternoon!

It is pretty wet on the road up to the house; at one place, we felt like we were fording a small stream because of the runoff from all the rain lately! Mommer says that they have been having daily torrential rains here—more water than some locals say that they have seen before! Here are some photos that Mommer took the other day of some ‘waterfalls’ around the house here… Do you recognize where these are pictures of?





It didn't rain today and was quite pretty, actually. The picture below is one that I took today of the pond. The water was running over the road in the storm that Mommer photographed! The water has also backed up behind the small dam that Popper built behind the house. This is a lot of water!!

There is still a steady flow of water running down the mountain, so we have our own natural ‘mountain stream’ white noise to listen to! We are enjoying the cool weather and hope that we don't have to come home in a canoe!

Mom

2 comments:

taylor said...

Oh my goodness! The pond is back! Oh how I wish I could go to NM this summer...it looks like the summers when we were younger! :)

Aroundthetowns said...

The pond upgraded to a lake I think! I have never seen it rain so hard up at the cabin in all the years that we have been going up there. It was really crazy! But hey we had fun playing cards by the light of a coleman lantern when the power went out.